Did you know that cracked fiberglass tubs are very common? And what we are talking about specifically is bathtubs with a crack in the floor.
You’ve probably showered happily in the morning for many years and just started noticing a hairline crack. Maybe it’s already turned into a gaping crack and you need to stand on the edges of tub while you hang on for dear life – every morning.
Or, maybe you’ve just moved into your current house and realize that the dark line you see on tub floor isn’t a hair but actually a crack.
Why do tubs cracks, anyway? Lots of reasons, but here are a few common ones (we can tell much better when we see it in person):
- faulty bathtub design
- no support/improper support installed underneath the fiberglass tub
- weight of the tub user has placed additional stress on the tub floor
So assuming that you are the proud owner of a bathtub that is cracked or cracking, should you just leave it be? No! Let us count 5 very good reasons why you should repair that cracked fiberglass bathtub now!
5 Reasons to Repair Your Cracked Fiberglass Tub Right Now! Not Later
- A cracked tub will eventually allow water to leak underneath – likely causing mold, damage to the subfloor, carpet, and more.
- It’s a great way to injure yourself/visitors in the process of showering. That certainly puts a damper on holiday guest-visits.
- Waiting for the crack in your tub to get worse means it will cost you even more money to fix – assuming it can still be saved
- Because replacing a too-far-gone tub usually turns into a very expensive complete bathroom remodeling project. (goodbye yearly vacation)
- Because it’s fast, permanent (most cases), and affordable to have your tub professionally repaired for good.
We currently offer a cracked bathtub solution that can fix almost any cracked tub. The work is completed in place, and works on the existing tub.
The weak floor is supported, the floor crack/s repaired, and then a new durable floor is installed on top – making the bathtub look presentable in under a day.
Take a look at one of the worst bathtubs that we have fixed to date:
Are you in the Austin Metro and have a cracked tub? Get in touch to see if we can fix it and to get a quote
The 1-Day Makeover Without Replacement
Austin BBB Member
100% Money-Back Guarantee